Philosology: Psycho Lodge Eh

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Psycho Lodge Eh

Many people refer to, "fear of success." Who lingers on the outcomes of monetary success and independence? A person who associates lose with winning?

As a child, people wondered about my intelligence. Having a lazy eye the teacher placed me in a lower reading group. Insulted by the action I read every book in the series to earn the right to be treated as a regular kid. After winning, the teacher decided my friends were a bad influence. The taste of victory became bitter. Now when taking on challenges, I have to think about what is really won.

Treated unfairly at the beginning, the other kids in my class didn't like me. Socially the only comfort was found amongst my friends. Having people volunteer to be my friends did not help the situation. In addition, the teacher talked to my parents into making sure that I wasn't hanging out with my friends after school. Being successful wasn't good.

Finding on-air psychologists disagreeable on several levels, they often promote this action of separating children from the "bad influences." They don't see the bigger picture. I could have affected my friends in a positive way through my success and encouraged them to do better. I learned success does not equal popularity. Suddenly there are expectations without support.

Believing friendship is a mutual partnership, it would be better to quantify everybody's role in a group. Why should managers sit alone in the cafeteria? Why should people limit friendship to a group of similar levels of success or criteria? Relationships also function as teams. A team has different players that are good at what they do whether performing offensive and defensive maneuvers. Therefore, I can be the intelligent one and be thankful to them for giving me emotional support.

This separation of people into categories is only the beginning of a long line of ineffective, backwards and dysfunctional advice inflicted upon everyone. Another disturbing topic relates to selfishness. What do people expect to gain from, "tough love?" It is possible to be tough, while caring about another person's welfare. My grandmother was raised with values. She often endures through the overwhelming media proclamations promoting throwing people out on the street so they can better themselves.

Not becoming another person's floor mat is different than becoming completely selfish, addressing the needs of everyone a satisfactory solution. With the recession growing and many people becoming homeless, kindness and basic concern for other people is an increasing defense against poverty and potential death.

Do psychologists and psychiatrists meet in a lodge to devise these plans? Perhaps they light a big fire and think of ways to sabotage other people in order to protect people paying their bills. First, they separate everyone into categories so threats no longer have support system and dwindle. This works in two ways. Isolate the potential threats to conform or fail. Second they restrain all who rebel so they die or become impoverished. This way they maintain control. If they refuse to conform it is impossible to derail mainstream thinking.

Related Article
Attractive?
In the Mystic Places

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion by leaving a comment.