Philosology: Western Clan and Eastern House: Third House

Friday, February 4, 2011

Western Clan and Eastern House: Third House

The Third House or level of development of analyzing knowledge to from another group relates to personal beliefs. Growing up we are moldable pieces of clay. Through evaluation of knowledge, observation and experience we formulate unique thoughts proven to us as true. Therefore, leave community and parental influences to evolve as human-beings. Questions about various ideals, produces the Third House. Our loyalty in picking a cause or preferring music, art and clothes relates to a personal identity which subverts the First and Second House. Yet, in understanding the world, the First and Second House offer more support when encountering people outside the Third House.

As mentioned before, during early years everyone was exhibiting differences, yet everyone dressed similarly and had similar interests. Becoming competitive people we began to favor other music, clothing and so-on. Around age 12 or 13 it became a greater importance to identify people subgroups beyond skill and vocation. The development of Goth, Skater, Rocker and Preppy manifested as everyone looked to find their Third House that is chosen not imposed upon them through fate.

An interesting time, I was chosen as a Goth, despite having grown up around Rockers and Skaters. I was growing out of listening to Metal and started investigating Skater music. It did not seem odd to me. What made the Goth preference occur has many answers? They might all be true or only one or two actually identifies the change.

One solution is when identified as a Goth I would say I am myself and not belonging to any group. This could be because I resisted change and clung to the days when everyone was themselves not a typecast. Another factor is continuation of my parents whom encouraged moving and learning about other cultures. Moving around was filled with many lessons. Lessons including, people are relatively similar and to be inconspicuous. Politeness assists in avoiding unnecessary confrontation. There is a high emphasis in understanding tolerance and adapting to new terrain quickly. Therefore, when listening to music, watching television and observing artwork there is a higher preference when understanding at a personal level. This extends into an external personal image other students determined was a Goth.

At first it was awkward because I did not choose what they chose for me. For a long time I went against this because this is supposed to be the House someone selects for themselves. However, I really do not relate to Skater, Rockers or Preppies at a deeper level. In fact, I often disagree and find myself questioning what they say.

Skaters were to life orientated. Life experience was valued over anything else. I kind of agree with this, yet solidifying experience with commonly understood education is intriguing. Preppies have a higher emphasis of following the path set by their parent's. The better and faster they move through each level signifies how successful they will be, even if only gleaning the majority of knowledge presented to them while rushing to the finish line. Personally, I am somewhere in the middle. I understand the importance of experience, yet communication saves a lot of time.

Rockers are probably the most mourned. Growing up I had a lot of Rocker friends; therefore, becoming a Rocker makes sense; however, even today, I do not understand. One comment is wishing everyone else would die. Noticing a warm, reflective nature of other Rockers when making this type of comment I know this is a deep, sensitive commentary. It could be associated to having a superior gift of intelligence and humanity?

I don't enjoy people disrespecting my way of life, yet wanting them to die is not a real answer. It seems as though it takes away choosing to live, a fairly important decision. Also I enjoy learning about people. Their nature in similarity and diversity is a complex problem. A large source of entertainment while passing the idle hours. I am quite happy with everything and everyone they way they already are.

The Third House is complicated. When it begins, does it ever end? I've known people at age forty struggling with or retaliating against their Third House though everyone else identified the Third House that would make them happiest. Benefits of identifying the Third House are enormous, because it allows people to work together on a profound level. Also when encountering someone of a different First House, individuals from the same Third House will offer protection as they would offer to their family.

Related Article
Goth House
Western Clan and Eastern House
Western Clan and Eastern House: First House
Western Clan and Eastern House: Second House

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion by leaving a comment.