Philosology: Social Complications

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Social Complications

Today I am reflecting on relationships and respect.

My blog and art has an orientation towards college preparatory and university life. I went to college, had work experience and had time to think about experiences. Ergo, while having been around sixteen to twenty-five, I am older.

It reminds me of the college coffee shop when going to the community college. It was fun for all of us, yet the man who owns the business was about retirement age. Allowing smoking, in Utah, a business must have a license to become a club that allows smoking.

Most people were around the same age. It is nice to socialize. There was a problem with Older People.

Older People are the Business Owners Friends. They felt they have more rights to be there. The orientation of the business makes College Age People feel; they have more rights.

I can imagine his thoughts over the issue. There is a desire to want to continue a business. This means appealing to Younger People. Without new Customers, from wherever they come from or whatever age they are, a business eventually dies.

I do not think having Older People around was an issue. Some of the Older People were single. This means, on occasion, they want to talk with everyone to be a part of the crowd. They also want to know about potential for relationships.

I do not mind making friends and talking to people. I do mind when someone is not understanding. I do not want a relationship with them.

It is not so much about being older. There are people around with more similarities. They are in college and thinking about the future. It is topical to think about the future more than the past. People my own age are more interesting.

Their music knowledge is great. They can play fun games like thinking about one-hit-wonders from the 80s. I feel lost in the conversation. Is it alright to snub people who you will be in contact with on a regular basis?

It is not alright. It is important to maintain respect. If someone from work told me when to go to the club, because everyone is hanging out, it would be incredibly rude to avoid them. I might not want to go. It is weird spending personal time with people from work. What if it is overly revealing?

I do not have to lose myself. It is possible to maintain a professional demeanor. There is a large misunderstanding about scene and bar life in the United States. It is not an outpost to find promiscuity and thrills.

Scene life stems from Hispanic Culture. When someone goes to a to a nightclub, it is a social outlet to meet people. The motivations are to talk about life in a nonthreatening environment. Some people want to meet Business Partners or advertise clothes. Some want to view interesting clothing or potential for outfits in a non-formal venue. It is a good place to do business.

Sometimes people bring Family or Friends. Sometimes people want to meet a respectable person to date and eventually marry. Formality is similar to a Sunday picnic at the park.

When I had an interest in Modeling; it made sense to go the nightclub. I could wear outrageous outfits. It is fun dancing. I try to be nice. I am not there to "hookup" with people. When a nightclub becomes popular no one wants to go anymore. It is icky.

Gossip about low moral standards is more interesting. I initially thought, "You are here. Why are you so judgmental?" Realizing there is a larger influx of people who have low morality, they are not there for the same reason

Once again, I find myself in a similar predicament. Life experience builds on itself to prepare someone for their future. There is a time to make greats mistakes or avoid getting in huge ongoing problems.

I have a couple of thoughts. I am avoiding dating anyone younger than me. I am single and need to have more online friends who are around the same age. I do not want to create a conflict.

I dated men who were younger than me. It was awkward. They have idea of what someone "my age" would want in a relationship. It is not mean by intention. A relationship is difficult.

I would let someone know my age before making commitments. There was someone who needed to know my age to know whether to be aloof or dominate. They wanted me to move in and have a relationship. We did not do more than hug. He was overly ready for next stages of the relationship.

Realistically, the Older Person has to be more responsible. Men and Women have different issues around being a respectable person. This means having a greater understanding of how actions have effects and attempting to find a suitable method for everyone to be happy.

This does not make someone a genius. An amount of consideration between people around the same age is not as important. Everyone is equally ignorant. This makes life easier. There are social roles. Regardless of intent, damage to a person's reputation or creating ongoing problems for another person, consequences makes them less trustworthy in the future.

Time to evaluate the potential for a long-term relationship is important. I do not want to be "that kind of person." If feeling the relationship will not last for a few years, there should be an evaluation of the relationship. No one can completely know each other, yet the evaluation process should be extensive.

The previously mentioned guy was too pushy. As a High-Pressure Salesperson, I imagine him always trying to talk me into something for the rest of my life. It was better to realize this before becoming emotional involvement.

I am not trying to deduce another culture for my Peer Group. I went to college and found a career. As old as I might become, I do not want to be "that kind of person." I imagine trying to be clever while seventy years old. I might not know enough about current trends. Regardless of time, there are issues that are universal and always true. It is important to be respectful of everyone.

Related Article
Affection and Intimacy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join the discussion by leaving a comment.